Transactions And Contracts · Property Disputes · Zoning Violations
Whether you are a homeowner, business owner, developer or builder, real estate deals represent a financial and personal investment. If you are entering a transaction or already embroiled in a conflict, you should seek experienced legal counsel to protect your interests.
Upper Marlboro real estate attorney Ralph W. Powers brings more than 35 years of experience in real estate litigation, from development and transactions to land use and property disputes. He provides front-end guidance to avoid legal problems, intervention to resolve conflicts or representation in courtroom proceedings.
The law firm of Ralph W. Powers, Jr., P.C., represents southern Maryland property owners and contractors in Prince George’s, Calvert, Charles, St. Mary’s and Anne Arundel counties. Contact us to make an appointment with our attorney.
Waldorf Lease Dispute Attorney
Real Estate Litigation And Real Property Law
Ralph Powers applies comprehensive knowledge of Maryland law and practical experience from handling hundreds of deals and legal conflicts. He offers advice and representation across the spectrum:
- Real estate transactions — land purchase, buying a home, commercial real estate deals
- Commercial lease negotiations or tenant disputes
- Construction contract drafting and enforcement
- Construction litigation — construction defects, mechanic’s liens
- Adverse possession and quiet title actions
- Joint ownership disputes — partition suit or complaint for sale in lieu of partition
- Boundary disputes and easements
We represent either party in transactions and disputes. Where practical and prudent, we pursue out-of-court resolutions, including mediation of real estate disputes. However, Mr. Powers is an accomplished litigator who can defend your interests or pursue your legal remedies, from monetary damages to specific performance or other injunctive relief.
Zoning Violation And Building Code Violations Defense
We provide defense to homeowners, commercial property owners, developers or construction contractors who are cited for building code or zoning violations such as:
- Erecting a fence or other structure without a building permit
- Failure to comply with setbacks or permit or ordinance restrictions
- Failure to complete construction on time under the permit
- Violations of outdoor storage or public nuisance ordinance
- Improper demolitions of abandoned homes
We represent clients prosecuted by city or county building inspectors or zoning officials for supposed violations, including fighting fines or orders to remove structures. We also represent clients who are challenging an ordinance or appealing a permit denial or adverse zoning/rezoning decision.
Local Knowledge And Courtroom Experience
Ralph Powers provides straightforward advice and effective representation for all facets of real estate transactions and ownership. As your lawyer, he will always act in your best interests and in line with your goals. Call us at 240-847-0738 or email us.
Se habla español.